Tuesday, April 2, 2013

wishing and hoping

I find myself again here.  Kinda wondering about myself when some of the crazy bitter infertility uglies come out.  It seems as though it has been more as of late.  Maybe because I am going crazy waiting for our son to come home....closer each and every day and just trying to be as patient as I can.  It's really hard though. Harder than I ever imagined it would be. 

But in the meantime, I am keeping busy....back to school to earn my masters and administrative credential (not that I have any want at this time to ever (EVER) be a principal) but the income will be great.  This may have been the world's worst idea ever, but right now it's okay.  Survived my first quarter and the second just started this week.  Korean language class and ukulele class and masters classes...leaves Friday nights free.

Needed to share something really sucky that I think only IFs can understand the complete suckiness of it all.  A few weeks ago, I was sitting at our team's grade level meeting.  One of the teachers mentioned how she had so many meetings that week and said she had another one Friday morning. Someone asked her what it was for.  She said my principal was meeting with all the expecting moms to talk about long term subs.  I had to ask again what it was for...because surely I misheard her.  Nope...she confirmed...principal is meeting with all the "PREGNANT" moms.  I felt bad...like I snapped at my friend...but really "Why was I not invited to this?!?" WTF to the millionth degree!!!!!!!  She said she would check with our principal for me.  So it turns out, she forgot about me.  In some ways I can totally see that....especially sitting in on the meeting surrounded by quickly expanding/already bulging pregnant bellies all around the table (4 to be exact)...not my idea of fun....but yeah...I'm not visibly pregnant, but I am still expecting.  Might I remind you my principal has a son through IVF and another through adoption.  It hurt so much and made me so angry.  My hands were shaking in the meeting and I literally sat there trying to hold it together and not make eye contact with anyone.   As much as the information on subs SHOULD apply to me, it doesn't.  They all have an idea of when they are going out on leave.  Two of them have already gone out on leave...just as planned.  The others will plan the start of their year with subs.  I guess that is what I should be planning on and hoping on....but I am skeptical.  As soon as everyone left I asked my principal if she had a few minutes and literally lost it in the office 10 minutes before the start of school.  She closed her blinds so no parents would see me.  We had received really shitty news in the adoption world that week and I was really struggling with my emotions all week.  What a great topper to it all.

A few more things....
Being looped by so many people it isn't funny.  My newly married cousin (months away from her first anniversary) just told us of her pregnancy and it's that same thing....super stoked for them....but ugh.
Talking to some family who seem disinterested in what I have to say adoption wise. I am sure I am reading way too far into things...but you know...
 
Something to check out....we just went to a showing of a documentary called STUCK.  It talks about the problems families and kids worldwide are facing with international adoption.  Please click here to watch the trailer



9 comments:

  1. Hugs, hon. I can't imagine how hard it is to wait so long for your precious boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you are still having to wait - I can't imagine how hard it is. I am also sorry for all the other 'stuff' that is going on. Praying for you that you are in fact in need of that sub come the start of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as HARD as it is....it IS going by quickly...so that's good! Definitely hoping I will be needing a sub come August!

      Delete
  3. The wait is murder :( At least when you're pregnant there is tangible progress while you wait, and you know (hopefully) when it will end. And hopeful waiting is easier than worried waiting. I hope that the international adoption troubles settle down soon and that everyone's adoptions can move forward.

    You need a shirt that says "I am paper pregnant" with a photograph of your son. Shout it to the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chickenpig....wise words. and I agree about the shirt....or maybe a banner right across the boobs...
      =0)

      Delete
  4. Ugh! I wish it were easier. Waiting is painfully hard and it seems that no 'lesson in patience' makes it any easier. I'm hopeful for you that the international adoption issues settle quickly and your little man is on his way to you come summer/fall. I can't really imagine being a mama to a boy who is a world away, all with arms aching to hold him. I'm impressed with your grace as you wait, someday (please let it be soon!!)it will all be worth it when your family is together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the sweet words..all I can do is wait...it's really hard but that's all it is. I am hopeful things will move quickly once the ball starts rolling.

      Delete
  5. 真愛旅舍視頻聊天室
    免費同城裸聊平台
    福利聊天室你懂的
    福利啪啪視頻吧
    免費真人秀視頻聊天室
    9158多人視頻聊天室
    美女主播福利視頻
    免費語音視頻聊天室
    午夜寂寞聊天室
    真人裸秀直播間
    夫妻視頻交友QQ群黑色絲網襪美女視頻日本激情黃色圖片黃色AV視頻網站85街官網st論壇
    免費午夜秀視頻聊天室你懂的真人美女主播裸體視頻性愛淫蕩色情3級約愛視頻背包客棧論壇
    同城美女視頻聊天室真愛旅舍午夜祼聊直播間快播AV毛片日本成人AV片全球成人情色論壇
    韓國美女主播聊天室美女主播聊天室午夜直播間成人很黃很色的動態圖台灣影視論壇
    如何找聊天室主播視頻美女主播的不雅視頻午夜秀場免費直播間色女孩綜合網天堂私服論壇

    ReplyDelete