Tuesday, December 27, 2011

So Excited!

One of the happiest things happened to me on Christmas Eve...Hubby and I announced to our family present on Christmas Eve that we are in the process of adoption!!!  There were tears on my part and by several family members, all were thrilled to hear our news.  One of my Great Aunts told me now she has something else to look forward to next year (well referral at least!) aside from her granddaughter's wedding.  It was so great to FINALLY tell some more family.  I think my Dad, his wife and my Auntie were very happy we finally spilled the beans.  Can't wait to let the rest of our family and friends know.  They will be receiving a New Year's card and letter from us. It feels sooo good!

In adoption news, I have one more section of the essay to complete.  I have spent about hours if not longer on it so far and will need to go back and edit tomorrow morning. I am very anxious to get our application sent off. I was originally hoping tomorrow, but it might end up being Thursday.  Got two of my test results I had been waiting for from my Dr this afternoon and everything else is pretty much done. I will make copies of paperwork.  I also talked with the director again at the placing agency and she was able to clear up a few questions.  I look forward to meeting her in person in the near future, she seems so nice on the phone.

On Christmas my Mother-in-law gave me a card with some gift cards and a check for $500.  On it was written baby gift.  My emotions (already frayed) could not be spared and I got all teary.  I was glad she was there to see my heartfelt reaction and she came over and gave me a big hug.  I am hoping we get some time to sit down with Hubby's parents soon and answer any questions they may have.  They seemed a little quiet about it last night and I felt a little weird about it.

So I survived Christmas.  One of my favorite gifts was a Hallmark Ornament from my sister.  It looks like a shell and is heart shaped.  On it is written "Always remembered. Always in our hearts."   I cried, I loved it and had seen it at the store a few days before. Love you twinnie.

gift tag

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful gift from your sister! Glad to hear that you had a good Christmas. I have no doubt 2012 is going to bring you great things and your dreams will be coming true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it's all coming together. What a wonderful Christmas present for the new year!

    Joey
    http://thechildlessmom.blogspot.com

    PS - I also gave you the Liebster Award, but see you already have it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, totally got teary. What a lovely gift from your sister. And how awesome that you were able to spill the beans some more! :D

    P.S. Just gave you an award...pick it up on my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing gifts... gave me tears! I'm so glad that the announcement went so beautifully. I hope you have time to sit down with your hubby's parents to talk soon. Our families had so many questions, but were so supportive and loving. I'm so glad it's going well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you!!! What wonderful gifts :) I hope 2012 continues to bring you good things and happiness!

    ReplyDelete