Okay.... Let's get down to business...
Met with our RE for our WTF meeting. It went basically as I thought it would. At least he can confirm my emotions when he says "yours is the most frustrating situation (unexplained IF), everything looks great except the end result". So we talked about what we can do differently and what other tests we could run. I know we're getting to the end here and I just wanted to see if there was anything else before our last try. We talked about immune disorders and although my RE isn't on the side of 100% believing it (for lack of a better word) he agreed to run some tests for me. He thinks the science and research behind it all isn't quite there yet. So I had 7 vials of blood drawn after my appointment. I got the test results for one and it was negative and the others didn't have a description, but I'm not too worried since he said he would call if there was anything other than normal. Maybe I'll send an email just to be sure on Monday! I also have a hysteroscopy scheduled on Aug. 3rd. If we find anything we will push our FET back. We will be transferring our last 3 embryos. =0) Had my baseline ultrasound as well....everything looks great! Oh and Hubby's flight came in a half hour early so he actually made it to most of the appointment!! =0) So I am crossing my fingers this is it...Lupron begins tomorrow!
Paid for and picked up my meds yesterday. I have never paid cash for a treatment and OMG...handing over that much cash makes me want to puke. Different than smiling and swiping. ugh. I even offered to split it with the receptionist....hah! My meds were cheaper than last time by about $130...different pharmacy....worth the drive to pick them up! And hooray for the nice pharmacy man trying to find coupons to give me further discounts...and he did! Yay for the kind people of the world!!
We had time for lunch and back home to get the last few things ready for our first homestudy. Our social worker (Mrs. S) is quite nice and was easy to talk to. She basically used this first meeting to just get to know us. It seemed like she asked us a lot of what we already turned in and then elaborated on the questions....our families growing up, how we met, etc. It lasted about an hour and 15 minutes. She said we were "wonderful" which made me feel great, even if she tells this to lots of people. She was looking for stability and we are quite stable people according to her. Right away I told her what are current plans are. I was nervous about what she would say since our homestudy, placing agency and Korea will not allow you to adopt if you are pregnant. Everything just gets put on hold and with the long waits some of our paperwork would most likely be "old" and have to be redone. I have had some worries about starting the adoption process at the same time as our last FET but Hubby and I still feel good about our decision. We will wait til our beta comes in to do our 4th (and final homestudy) which also means have time to continue collecting papers and such but avoid the rest of the homestudy fees if our FET works out. Mrs. S said she is fine with completing homestudies 2 and 3 (seperate sessions with Hubby and I) if we are. With the busy Halloween season and the beginning of school quickly approaching we think this is the best idea. So we have the next two dates the 27th and the 1st. Now I am waiting to meet with another lady from our homestudy agency to help us decide between the two placing agencies we are now considering.
I think I may just be nuts!! ahhh! But I know that in some way or another, this past Wednesday was a very important day for our upcoming family!!