Monday, September 12, 2011

Thinking..

I have a lot on my mind right now....

Beta #3 tomorrow morning.  Thinking I should be in bed but my mind is keeping me up. I found out the lab near my school opens at 6:30 am so if I leave a little before 6 (ugh!!!) I can get there and make it to school on time (by 7:30). They run the IVF stat labs there, so it works out.  Hubby and I had a moment at dinner tonight of shared excitement and happiness.  I still can't believe it's real.  I have our first ultrasound scheduled for the 20th.  I will be so glad when that day comes.  I have read this before...the waiting doesn't end! oh my!

I have not turned on our television in ions. I was tempted to this weekend after hearing my friend's talk about some of the coverage for 9/11. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  The sadness of that day will never be forgotten.  It doesn't seem that long ago I overheard the woman on the train saying how (we college kids) "don't even realize what has happened" as we rode to school. Later to be dismissed.   The loss of a classmate/ softball teammate, Nicole Miller, brought the reality so much closer to home.  She died heroically that day with so many others on Flight 93. So, so sad. I remember working at the museum and the display they put up soon after showing some children's artwork...their perspective. How I remember crying, especially the ones displayed in the staff wing where children had depicted people jumping from buildings.  I hope our world can someday come to a peaceful resolution...where nothing like this would happen again. My heart goes out to those who have lost their loved ones and thinking of those who protect us as we sleep.

On a happier note...I went to a concert last night...saw the Fleet Foxes. Have you heard of them? Amazing. I am brand new to them as I was invited to go to the concert without knowing anything about them. Saw a flier for Beirut...coming in October. Might try to go to that one too.


8 comments:

  1. Thinking of you for your repeat beta... FXd for you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't turn on the TV either - I really don't want to revisit all those images, though I did listen to alot of NPR over the last week with memories of those who had direct experiences with 9/11. I also heard them interview the band Beruit - they sound interesting. good luck with your second beta! the 20th is not that far away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you :) I didn't watch the coverage either. After 10 years the grief is still strong for those who lost loved ones, but for those of us who are less connected it just means watching people who are in pain, who I feel should be left to grieve without cameras in their faces...especially the poor kids.

    I'm sure your beta will be great. I told you the 2ww between BFP and ultrasound is the longest :) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there, Kelli! Beta #3 will be great! I can't wait to hear the news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't turn the tv on either... the memories are still too painful.

    good luck with beta#3! i can't wait to hear your news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey kelli sweet pea! thinking of you. Your US is one day before mine! (yes... u heard right.. im pregnant!... visit me and i shall explain..hehe) Wishing you the best and i hope your beta tomorrow is FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beirut has awesome music...definitely check them out...and he plays an ukulele!!
    This wait is so hard ladies....feeling so nervous but getting more excited everyday! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. AND DIANA.....OMG congrats!!! I'm coming over to you as soon as I am done here! =0D

    ReplyDelete