Friday, June 17, 2011

Waffles, keys and a cheese danish.

Made a waffle breakfast for my FIL this morning. I joked at how nice he was to suggest 7:30 when I suggested 7:00.  It was fun and something I never do on a weekday. yum.

Off to school for the LAST time this school year. Finished up, turned in my key and said "adios"...see you in August.  I actually feel really good about leaving. Lots of organizing and cleaning.  This is probably the most "ready for August" my room has ever been. That feels really good.  I think having a goal of "let's be done before the transfer" was a huge motivating factor. 

Then off to lunch with my dear Auntie. Although it ended up being a snack since neither of us were that hungry. So cheese danish it was. double yum.  She is such a lovely lady and I have shared with her our struggle and journey with IF.  She has two sons and she and I have gone out more the last few years. It's nice to have time with her. She tries her best to understand everything as her friend's daughter struggled with IF too.  It's nice for me to be able to tell someone in the family who won't spread it around.

Home now and I feel a sense of relief. I am mentally getting ready for Monday.  Our FET is almost here! I'm nervous about the outcome but I am really trying to think how this could be IT.  I truly hope so. But I also know we have another chance.  Wouldn't it be nice if I could just save those little boogers for the next rainy day?!

On an ending note, I have watched Mary Poppins twice in the last two days while working in my classroom. One of my favorite movies as a kid.  I wanted to watch it after seeing the finale float in the new Disn.eyland parade~a tribute to the movie. (and totally awesome!!)  I realized there are quite a bit of clever quotes...I really liked this one: "That's a pie crust promise. Easily made, easily broken."

Hope you all have a great Friday night! Let the weekend begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment